Ankara Directorate of National Education
Ankara Directorate of National Education (AMEM) is the second biggest local authority after the Ministry of Education in Turkey. It is responsible for the planning, coordination and management of all kinds of educational and training activities from preprimary schools to High School including all kinds of secondary school; vocational, technical, SEN schools and also adult education in 25 districts of Ankara.
The organization has a range of duties mainly in 7 fields; entitled management, staff education and training, budget and investment, research, planning and statistics, inspection, guidance and research and civil defense. These duties are carried out by 24 affiliated units.
The number of schools in Ankara is 2.351 and 62.030 teachers are on duty to educate/deal with 956.171 students. 62.530 pupils are in pre-primary schools, 320.847 pupils are in primary schools, 291.935 pupils are in secondary schools, 280.859 pupils in high schools in Ankara. In addition, 295.458 citizens aged 18-65 are trainees/ students/ participants / beneficiary of formal education. They attend vocational training centers and adult education centers. Besides, we are in charge of Special Education Needs Schools and Institutions and Private Education Institutions. There are more than 150 SEN Schools which are for hearing impaired, autism, physically disabled, visually impaired and for students with learning disabilities in Ankara.
- Sharing European Knowledge on Autism: Training Programs for Parents
- Creative and Innovative Training Based on Digital Materials and Games
- Equipping School Staff and Parents with the Skills to Better Integrate Students with Visual Impairments in the Classroom
- Education in Prison for Citizenship Values
- SECULARISM and RADICALISATION
- What Endangered in Nature is not an Animal or a Plant but it is Human
- Magic Word “Fair Play”
- No Cyberbullying at the School
- Design of a training program for pre-school teachers working in inclusive settings
- Social Inclusion Programming For Migrant and Refugee Children At Primary Schools
City: Ankara ((Turkey)